Sunday 20 March 2011

Author Biography

I know, no posts from me in ages, and then two almost at once :)

My question for you all (if indeed there is actually anyone reading this blog, otherwise it's more of a rhetorical question), is what do I write as an author bio, when I don't yet have anything published?

I'm submitting some of my flash fiction pieces to various online ezines, but several of them are asking me for a short (3 sentence or so) professional bio.  Without having anything published (other than one twitter-fic!), how do I go about this?

Do I discuss this blog and my twitter fics?  Do I shrug it off lightly and write something lighthearted and jokey, or is that unprofessional?

It'll be a lot easier once I manage to get a couple of pieces published, I know, but until that time, I'm feeling like I'm stuck in a catch-22 situation: without being published, no one will look at my work, but without anyone looking at my work, I can't get published.

Help me, Obi-wan Kenobi fair reader, you're my only hope!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could do both factual and humorous, submit both and see what they want?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Accomplished Twitterist and aspiring novelist."

    ReplyDelete